To the editor:
1. Do not leave your childrenalone,especially during Halloween. Practice safe tick-or-treat habits withyour children by walking withthem.
2. Be sure to know where sexual predators and offenders live.Visit offender.fdle.state.fl.usforthe offenders in your neighborhood.
2. DuringThanksgiving through Christmas, especially during these hard times, do notleave presents or valuables exposed in your car.Donot leave them visible in your home (like under theChristmastree) while you are away.
3. Women, please do not carry a large purse this season.Strong armed robberscan snatch your purse from you without so much as a second thought.Carry your money in your pocket.
4. Never evercarry your social security card in your purse or wallet.If your SSN is stolen with your driver's license, you become a prime target for ID theft.
5. Lastly, if it doesn't feelright, don't participate.Be wary of your surroundings.Be careful where you park and never"flash" money.
6. If you feel you are being targeted for theft or robbery, please call 911. Report the description of the suspicious person, your location, and your name. If the suspect is in a car, be sure to pass on the tag number. Stay where you are until an officer or deputy arrives on scene. Remember, your report may very well save the life or property of another.
Take care, and have a wonderful holiday season.