The Seventh Annual Fillet and Release Tournament held Sept. 17, raised a total of $10,360 for Hope Hospice this year. Hope Hospice is a special kind of care designed to provide comfort and support to people of all ages that are facing a life limiting illness. The tournament doubled its participation entries this year. All enjoyed a special appearance by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Cheerleaders, who were available for photographic opportunities for anglers and guest.
Prizes were awarded to the follow teams:
- 1. Team Extreme Fishing, Eric Davis, Brian Ball, & Matt Persons - $7,200
- Calcutta: Team Extreme Fishing, Eric Davis, Brian Ball, & Matt Persons - $1,650, Largest Redfish
- 2. Team Raymond , Craig Whitaker, Matt Schell, Kerry Trotter - $2,000
- 3. Team D.C. S. Inc., Damon Warfel, Peter Kendal, & Landon Edlin - $1,000
- 4. Team "24" - Derek Carlson, Stuart Widner, & Joe Marzzuco - Free Entry 2012
- Smallest Red - Team Red Fever - Richard Radka, Nick Gross, Valerie Keyser, Janelle Keyser -$150
- Red with most spots Team FISHIZZLE, Chris Trimble & George Braczko - $150
- Mystery Fish (snapper) Team Hittin Bottom - Jonathan Steinke & Chris Ritter - $100 Bar Tab at Matanza's Inn
Each year this tournament has grown; more prize donations given and the funds collected for Hope Hospice increased. Teams entered and awarded prizes have also continued to grow. The 8th annual tournament will be held again in September 2012 and it's anticipated to grow larger than this last year. Anyone needing information can find the details on website www.filletandrelease4hospice.com.