Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Holidays!!
The photo ornament in the newspaper is a present from the staff at the Beach Observer/Beach Bulletin. On the jump page, those photos will come to life in a reflection pictorial called a Year in Photos.
Hand-picked, these 30 photos appeared in the Fort Myers Beach Observer throughout this year. One can tie each photo to possibly a story that accompanied it or a location where the photo was taken.
Some of the most memorable photos of 2012 reminisce about Beach people, places and things. It's a chronological look from January to December on a time not so long ago, but far back enough to be called the past.
Some of the following photos were taken by the editor/writer of this publication, while some others were submitted pics from Beach residents or visitors wanting to show their loved ones in a funny pose or a favorite sunset while lazily watching the day come to an end on this beautiful island.
Whatever the case, pictures tell stories, and we encourage anyone to tell their story with future submissions throughout 2013 and years to come.
(You can view photos in Beach Observer 12-25-12 issue.)
1.Town Manager Terry Stewart shows the Town birthday t-shirt.
2.New Year's Eve fireworks.
3.The Beach Library beam for the new expansion gets raised.
4.Santini's Seafood Festival had these guys in festive outfits.
5.The Beach Art Association turned 60 years old.
6.Putt & Pub Crawling for fund raising at Nemo's on the Beach.
7.Seasonal traffic still a hot topic.
8.The Budweiser Clydesdales were in town.
9.2011 Beach Lions Shrimp Parade Queen Jamie Costa.
10. Ceel Spuhler wins the Mayor Award.
11.The annual St. Patrick's Parade on the south end of Estero Island.
12.VOICE members receive appreciation breakfast at Lani Kai.
13. The Beach Chamber's Easter Egg Hunt.
14.The Taste of the Beach at Bay Oaks by the Beach Chamber.
15.Beach Elementary PTO puts on its annual fundraiser.
16.The fifth graders etched their names in history.
17. The USS Mohawk was turned into a memorial reef on San Carlos Island.
18. The Beach school carnival.
19. Nothing like a soothing kayak ride.
20. Miss Florida International's Cassandra Mandeville.
21. Dog Daze at a Miracle baseball game.
22.John Gowdy paints for charity at Ace Hardware.
23. Waves from Tropical Storms Isaac hit our island this summer.
24.Pointe Estero Beach Resort Guest Service Agent Ibrahim Maaliki was the top honoree in accommodations at the 12th annual Elaine McLaughlin Outstanding Hospitality Service Awards.
25. Teen Challenge members wash cars for character.
26. Reverend Richard E. Raney turned 100 years old.
27. Fright Night at Bay Oaks.
28. Larry Kiker wins Lee County Commission seat.
29.Joris Kivits captured top honors in the singles division of the 26th annual American Sand Sculpting Championships.
30. Wreaths Across America honors those lost at sea.