The Military Support Group of Lee Memorial Health System is collecting goods for U.S. troops still stationed in Afghanistan.
Due to the closing of some of the FOB Camps in Afghanistan, hot breakfasts are a thing of the past at many of the outposts that are still active. The Camp Dining Facility also no longer is stocking snacks or energy drinks of any kind. The support group received a letter from Camp Spann asking for assistance in their pantry. Any assist from the community would be greatly appreciated.
They are in need of the following items:
* Single serving instant oatmeal and breakfast foods
* Drink mixes, singles are preferred
* Coffee whole bean or ground small bags
* Red Bull, V8, Monsters, Gatorade (small sizes, please)
Gloves, colors preferred: black or neutral colors
Items can be dropped at:
* Cape Coral Hospital Human Resources (south end of Hospital near doctor's offices) Benefits, 424-3500.
* Fountain Court/College Parkway Pat Dolce, System Press & Publication, 454-8766.
Gulfcoast Hospital Elaine, Administration, 1st floor, 343-0430
* HealthPark Medical Center- Guest Services Department 1st floor 343-5210.
* Lee Memorial Hospital June or Dustin in Central Services, 3rd Floor MOB, 343-2812.
* Santa Barbara Campus Central Business Office, 242-6038