Allegiant (NASDAQ: ALGT) has announced new, nonstop jet service to Southwest Florida via Punta Gorda Airport (PGD) from eight cities, beginning October 30. The company, known for its exceptional travel deals, will introduce the new service with fares as low as $69.99* one way.
1. Allentown, Penn. begins Oct. 31, 2013 with fares as low as $99.99* each way
2. Asheville, N.C. begins Nov. 2, 2013 with fares as low as $69.99* each way
3. Bangor, Maine begins Oct. 30, 2013 with fares as low as $124.99* each way
4. Cedar Rapids, Iowa begins Dec. 18, 2013 with fares as low as $99.99* each way
5. Des Moines, Iowa begins Dec. 19, 2013 with fares as low as $119.99* each way
Las Vegas-based Allegiant Travel Company (NASDAQ: ALGT) is focused on linking travelers in small cities to world-class leisure destinations. The company operates a low-cost, high-efficiency, all-jet passenger airline through its subsidiary, Allegiant Air, while also offering other travel-related products such as hotel rooms, rental cars, and attraction tickets. All can be purchased through the company website, allegiant.com. The company has been named one of America's 100 Best Small Companies by Forbes Magazine for four consecutive years. For downloadable press kit, including photos, visit: http://gofly.us/SQmY7O.
6. Moline/Quad Cities, Ill. begins Nov. 1, 2013 with fares as low as $99.99* each way
7. Springfield/Branson, Mo. begins Oct. 31, 2013 with fares as low as $89.99* each way
8. Youngstown, Ohio begins Oct.30, 2013 with fares as low as $89.99* each way
Flight days and times can be found at allegiant.com. Travelers can take advantage of everyday low fares and save even more when they book air, hotel, car and even activity and attraction reservations together.
"Southwest Florida has been a successful part of our vacation destination offerings for some time," said Andrew Levy, Allegiant Travel Company president in a prepared statement.. "Expanding our base at Punta Gorda Airport will allow us to give more of our markets access to the Southwest Florida coast and offer travelers more affordable vacation options. We are happy to partner with an airport that operates in a low-cost, efficient manner, which allows us to pass the savings on to our customer."
The expansion of routes into Punta Gorda will result in two additional MD-80 series aircraft based at Punta Gorda Airport, as well as additional demand for air-service related jobs.
"Adding these additional cities opens up an opportunity to visit Southwest Florida. It also enables our community additional options to fly to their hometowns," stated James Herston, Charlotte County Airport Authority Chair. He continued, "The additional based aircraft and crews create a significant economic impact in our community."
About the one-way fares:
Seats are limited. Fares are one way and not available on all flights. Tickets must be purchased by Aug. 6, 2013, for travel by Feb. 11, 2014. For baggage fees, please visit allegiant.com. Additional restrictions may apply.