To the editor:
We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for making the 13th annual Toys for Christmas Drive and 12th annual Patrick Stott Memorial Toy Run a success. We realize the economy is making things tight for everyone, but your generosity made this year's benefit one of the best ever. So many people made this possible:
- Thank you to all of the riders that participated in the 12th Annual Patrick Stott Memorial Poker Run.
- Thanks to musicians Steve "Lucky Dog" Lutke, Mark and Jo List, Tommy V, Adam, Sean Bright, John Allender Blues Band, Paul Stott and Casey's House Rockers for donating their time and talents to provide a fantastic day of music.
- A Special Thanks to Pete's Time Out - John Lallo, Janet, Cheryl, Sara, and Joe for great food and hard work.
- Thanks to Bobby for delivering a truck full of toys and working hard all day.
- Thanks to John and Tammy for all your help.
- Thanks to the Beach Bulletin and The Sandpaper for their pre-event articles.
- Thanks to all the local businesses which generously donated raffle prizes. They are: The Beached Whale; Matanza's Inn Restaurant; SOBs; The Mermaid Lounge & Liquors; Valerie's Lounge; The Beach Pierside Grill; Plaka; Nervous Nellies; La Ola; Gulf Shore Grill; The Beacon; Quicky Rental; Lighthouse Tiki Bar; Lin's Garden; Bonita Bill's Waterfront Cafe; Sunflower Cafe; Francesca's Deli; Silver Sands Resort; Yucatan Beach Stand; Corri Francisco; Smiling Dog: One Flight Up; MJ's Pub; Capt. Tony's; Beach Bowl; Fish House; Salty Dog Gallery & Gifts; Paradise Tropical Wine; Chuck's Last Stop; and TWC Services.
Most of all, thank you to everyone who came out and participated by bringing toys and donating money. Everyone's generosity allowed us to drop off a mountain of toys (including 6 bicycles) and a check for $3,737 to the Fire Department for the Drive. Our best event ever!!!!
We hope you enjoyed the day as much as we did.
Lou, Tim, and the crew
The Beach Pub